Monday, July 7, 2014

Chic Tags + the Twinery blog hop!

 Hello!  It is no secret that I haven't been blogging lately.  OK,  I have been taking a break...but... I am back today with an awesome blog hop!  Chic Tags + the Twinery!  It doesn't get much better than that!  So sit back, grab a coffee and enjoy our hop!  We will be going strong today AND tomorrow with lots of projects so be sure to check back both days for more inspiration.

You probably got here from the Chic Tags site.... If not, be sure to check out the blog here.

Here is the layout that I have contributed to the hop.  I couldn't decide on just one way to use this twine... so instead I used it in three ways!



This little 3x4 card was jazzed up by just wrapping some twine around it and then tying a bow.


I used a paper piercer and a ruler to prepunch hole along the acetate letters and then used twine to hand stitch through them.  Since the twine is thicker than embroidery floss I just went through each hole only once. 




And finally, I made a banner with little tags hanging from the twine.


There are so many fun things you can do with this stuff!  I can't wait to try more...

Next up on our hop is Rebecca VanDeMark.  Be sure to stop by her blog and leave her some love.  

And in case you get lost, you can check back here for the blog hop order:

Rebecca VanDeMark - http://www.caravansonnet.com/
Mary Ann Jenkins - http://www.maryannjenkins.com

Leave comments along the way for chances to win prizes!  

Thanks for hopping with us today!


39 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout, love it. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable layout...those acetate letters are a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh at the bucket heads. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun layout with lots of great details. I like the way you used twine.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you tied everything together with that yummy green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to have you working with Chic Tags during this event with The Twinery! Terrific use of our baker's twine with this layout! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun layout! I love that tag/twine banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mixture of fun textures and ideas on your layout. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love the banner - what a great way to use the tags and twine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an amazing group of golfers! Love the layout and especially how you used the baker's twine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun hop! I love the LO and its so cute the twine banner.
    Email: dani.bmm@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job with the different twine techniques - I just love the banner of all these cool Chic Tags!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is soooooooooo fun! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos and that banner!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous layout!!! Love how you added in the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great layout, I love all the twine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful layout!
    eli_green22 at yahoo dot com dot br

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the banner! very cute idea!
    ngerosa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute!
    Love the tag banner!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great page! I love all the ways you used The Twinery's fabulous twine!

    - Tifany DeGough
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/
    {Senior Designer - The Twinery}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute as always, Mal! Love the banner! The photos are hilarious too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely Adorable!!! LOVE this!! :)
    :) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun page! Love how you turned the tags into a banner!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great layout! I'm a newbie to chic tags. Glad to have found this site.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love incorporating the little banner I to your layout...lovely

    ReplyDelete
  25. fantastic layout...love all the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh how clever! I love your fabulous banner, it's just delightful! Great LO, thanks so much for sharing your wonderful work for the hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow! what an incredible layout!
    Your site is truly intriguing and motivation to numerous. I'll looking forward for a greater amount of your posts. Keep it up!
    wheely8
    mopeio
    myfrogio
    narwhaleio
    papalouie4
    zoxy
    friv10

    ReplyDelete
  28. So interesting! I learn a new thing today
    girlsgogames | moto x3m

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you will make more and more excellent post and let’s more and more talk scorehero.net

    ReplyDelete
  30. You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.
    instagram viewer images

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I love to read your comments.